How to register

If you'd like to go on the waiting list for an Allotment in Andover, please get in touch.

Please note: You will only be eligible to apply for an allotment if you are a resident within the Parish of Andover. The areas of Burghclere Down & Augusta Park are now within the Parish of Andover and residents of these areas will qualify for an allotment.

Andover Town Council manages eight allotment sites across Andover with approx. 500 plots in total varying in size from 60sqm to 400sqm. The current cost of an allotment plot is 0.40p per square metre and the average plot size is 126sqm.

We have been working hard to reduce the amount of time applicants have to wait for a plot and for most sites, the current waiting time is less than one year. We operate a first come first served basis and allotment plots do become available throughout the year.

As soon as a plot becomes available, the Allotments Officer will advise the Site Warden who is next on the waiting list for that particular site. The Site Warden will contact and make arrangements to view the vacant plots.

Each site has a dedicated Site Warden who will be able to show you the plot and give you some background information about the allotment site and answer any questions you may have.  As well as greeting our new tenants, our Wardens are responsible for reporting any issues relating to site maintenance and/or plot holder concerns. If the Warden is unable to deal with the issue, then they will report the matter to the Allotments Officer who will take up the matter.

When you confirm that you wish to accept the plot, the Allotments Officer will prepare a Tenancy Agreement, provide you with a GDPR form and a copy of the Rules and Regulations. The Tenancy Agreement and GDPR form will need to be signed by yourself and returned to the Town Council. You will also be advised how to make payment and once the signed forms and payment have been received, you will be able to commence cultivation of your plot.

If you wish to apply for an allotment with Andover Town Council please email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

Thank you for your interest in Andover Town Council Allotments.